COLOR SPLENDOR / Day 2 -- BLUE

photocourtesyeclecticrevisited


Peeps,

When the snow falls in January and February, this is where I want to be.  When the snow fell unexpectedly last fall--during the phenomenon known as SNOWMAGEDDON, this is where I wished I had been.  Instead, stranded was I, about three miles from home without snow tires/snow chains/winter-coat/stocking-cap/wool-gloves/scarf.  Thankfully I had the good sense to pull over into a strip mall's parking lot and patiently sat, calling all friends (and ex-friends as well) in hopes of getting a ride home.  Two hours later, and seventy-five dollars poorer, I was able to step into my little home, all the more happier for having picked up groceries and discounted magazines at the nearby Goodwill.  Seems that others were not so fortunate; news stories reported stranded motorists spending as many as eight hours on frozen, unplowed highways where almost everything had come to a halt, save the blinding snow.


Yes, I love this bedroom where framed intaglios and photographs hang on blue walls; Grecian urns and Medici vases dot table-tops;  reading lamps on bedside tables enable late-night reading, and a comfy bed suggests long cozy afternoons, as well as warm nights.  A fur-throw is perfect for sensuous repose, as well as snuggling under (all winter) with David Gandy (or your favorite teddy-bear).


Hope you enjoy today's visual treat.


Sincerely,
Shane


PS:  Remember, tomorrow is election day, and your vote is most needed . . . 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

VT 11.9.13